Saturday, February 6, 2010

Friday Night Recap

WOW, WOW, WOW! I can't believe the nice comments I got regarding the new blog and stuff. Thanks so much to everyone!

First off, let me apologize for this long winded blog entry. I am still tinkering with how I want to set up the new blog and I am not sure if I want to separate the product reviews from the recipes/meals from the workouts. After writing this ridiculously long entry, I decided, I might do a few blog entries per day, one with eats/workout, one with product reviews, and one to talk about my other stuff.

So yesterday was Friday... my favorite day of the week :) Well, favorite workday of the week! And it was even better because my boss let me out early. I came home very late Thursday night, and completely crashed. Normally, no matter how late I come home for work I cook, but this week was a toughie, and I didn't have it in me to stay up late again. I am an accountant, so this is my busy season... so I have been working some late hours.

I got up at 5AM on Friday for my daily workout. I am a "workout first thing in the morning" girl. If I miss my workout, I can be a very unpleasant person. I can't WAIT to tell you about a new product I reviewed while at the gym. I want to try it a few more times before I share it with you. I have tried it twice so far and I love it... I ended up running on the treadmill for 40 minutes and lifting upper body/arms. I hate to admit it, but I have been lifting weights for over a year now and I don't know any of the names of the exercises that I do.... except bicep curl :) I need to learn them so I can continue blogging about them. My new product review will help with that. please stay tuned... I also recently started lifting heavier... well, heavier for me :) I am turning in my 10 pound dumbells for 15 pounds. I actually don't even know if that's good or not. My arms are hurting, so I guess it's good enough for me :)

So, since I didn't cook as many meals as I intended to on Friday, as I was leaving for work, I grabbed two bars that from my stash that were awaiting review. As you might have noticed before, I reviewed The Raw Crunch Bar Chocolate bar back earlier. These bars are very delicious. I grabbed the blueberry flavored. One bar has 150 calories, 10 grams fat, 0 grams trans fats, 10 grams carbs, 5 grams sugar, 5 grams protein.



I also tried these new bars that Zone Perfect sent me to sample for review. Thank you ZonePerfect for sending me these DELICIOUS bars. I know why they call them Indulgence. These were so good. They have chocolate german cheesecake, caramel toffee and chocolate peanut butter mousse. Of course, the first one I tried was the chocolate peanut butter mousse :) It was awesome! Such a great fix for chocoholics. Not only that, but they are all natural, too! One bar has 190 calories, 7 grams of fat, 22 grams carbs, 15 grams sugar, and 10 grams of protein. I am amazed at how good they are. Can't wait to try the other flavors. Next time I will freeze mine before eating it!




I left work Friday around 4 and then went to my sister's house to visit my sister, who owns her own daycare. I must post pics of my niece and nephew, Taylor and Matthew, later. They are just TOO CUTE for words... I am one proud auntie.
When I got home, I made an egg white and roasted kabocha plate with Krema products peanut butter on top. Wow, it was yummy. I actually went to the store beforehand to buy the kabocha. Yes, I admit it. I have roasted kabocha cravings. If you have not jumped on this bandwagon yet, you must try it.
- 1/2 kabocha
- 3 egg whites
- one tablespoon krema products peanut butter.
I roasted the kabocha squash in the oven at 400 for about 40 minutes. Then I made scrambled egg whites separately. And I topped it with my tasty krema products peanut butter.



I also teach CPA courses on the side, and saturday morning I had a class from 8-12, so I spent Friday night prepping for it. I get so nervous before these classes. I hate public speaking, but like the course program I teach, since I used it myself when I was studying. And I feel a sense of accomplishment after each class. PLUS, it's always good to get out of one's comfort zone, right? On that note, I ADMIRE people who are able to speak in front of crowds without any worry.
For dinner, I added a new ingredient to my peanut butter stir fries: refried beans. The super generous people at Amy's Organics sent me a can of refried beans to review. 1/2 cup has 140 calories, 3 grams fat, 22 carbs, 7 grams protein. They were super delicious with my peanut butters, broccoli, carrot, onion and cabbage stirfry. Beans are a great high protein alternative to meat. And they taste awesome with peanut butter. I know, an unlikely combo, but they are delicious. Trust me :)